Nepal logo

By uniting the four Soroptimist Federations, ‘Educate to Lead: Nepal’ is able impact the lives of over 1,000 women and girls in Nepal. There are many women and girls that need help – these are ‘Our women and girls’”.  This project currently supports four projects in Nepal, with a focus on improving the lives of women and girls through Education, Empowerment and Enabling Opportunities.  Click the link to read more about this current project

Read more ...

Soroptimist International President, Ann Garvie choose “See Solar, Cook Solar” for her International President’s Appeal: “Can you imagine finding time to earn your living if you had to spend hours every day collecting firewood? Or how you would study with no electric light in the evening?".   One quarter of the world’s population do not have reliable access to electricity; 70% of these are women and girls living in developing countries.

Read more ...

Soroptimist International President Alice Wells, choose Birthing in the Pacific for her President's appeal, Alice says: “When I first learned of this project as SI President Elect, I was immediately touched by the fact that it was a South West Pacific Federation sponsored project which truly supported: a) women helping women; b) education and leadership; c) a project where Soroptimist would get credit for the work being done. In addition, I also saw it as a project that could hopefully be implemented in other Federations. After visiting PNG in 2012, I was even more convinced that this project could truly be life-changing for these women and their families in Papua New Guinea”.

Read more ...