The sixty-fifth session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 15 to 26 March 2021.
Find out how EVERY Soroptimist International of the South West Pacific member can participate in and experience events and forums for FREE!
The Commission on the Status of Women 65 has two themes:
Priority theme: Women's full and effective participation and decision-making in public life, as well as the elimination of violence, for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls;
Review theme: Women's empowerment and the link to sustainable development (agreed conclusions of the sixtieth session)
Normally a maximum of 20 Soroptimist members have the opportunity to attend this in New York but this year every South West Pacific member can experience the Commission because it is Virtual and Free.
Depending on your status you can experience:
• The CSW/ NGO Civil Society Forum
• Discussions among member states
• Side events
• Over 650 parallel events looking at issues associated with either theme including a Soroptimist International event
• The virtual Artisans Fair
• The virtual Exhibit Hall with Booths including one from SISWP
Last year CSW 64 was canceled. SISWP had a full delegation of 20. The Federation will make a donation on behalf of those people selected last year as well as Programme of Service team members and federation officers who wish to register. If you wish to benefit from this please pay the amount you choose and then send proof of purchase to: email@example.com
Delegates for CSW 64 only who wish to attend this year will need to register on Indico so that I may approve their registration. This does open up a wider range of meetings.
Go to: https://indico.un.org/event/35605/registration/
You should have a registration from last year otherwise you will need to create an account.
If you were one of the CSW 64 delegation but do not wish to register let me know by close of business on the 10 February.
Options available to other participants include being an Advocate.
You can choose to register to be an Advocate which will enable you to:
• See the full list of registrants with the capability to connect with them through direct messages, group chats and public forums
• See the parallel event schedule as sessions are uploaded
• Search other Advocates and sessions by using filters for different regions and topics
• View the digital handbook leading up to the forum
• Learn about generation equality forum (GEF) and how to engage in this process
• Access the exhibit hall and visit different organisations booths to learn more about them
• Learn about and attend NGOCSW/NY sponsored events ( Conversation Circles, Caucuses, Orientation and Advocacy training, Morning Briefings and more)
• Learn about and engage with our global partners
• Learn about special topics
To register as an Advocate visit: NGO CSW65 Forum Advocate Registration Tickets | Eventbrite
It is a jam-packed fortnight where you can choose to follow topics of special interest to you.
Is there a catch? Yes! It is held in New York and is thus their Eastern Standard Time so you will need on occasions to get up early if you wish to follow some presentations and check the time carefully for all sessions.
However, it is a wonderful opportunity to experience freely one of the vital events to influence the lives of women world wide and to experience international advocacy.
Some parallel events are already uploaded but more will follow to check the official meeting schedule visit: https://www.unwomen.org/en/csw/csw65-2021/official-meetings
Registration for CSW 65 closes on 22 February so act now.
Federation Programme Director