I am absolutely delighted to launch the opening of registrations for SISWP Interim Board Meeting 2019 together with SI Australia Conference from 3-6 May 2019 at Barossa Weintal Tanunda in the beautiful and charming food and wine heritage Barossa Valley area of South Australia.
This is the first time that SISWP has collaborated with SI Australia to specially synchronise our meetings and leadership development workshops. It is marvellous to work together with SI Australia National Representative Kath Gribble and her organising team to curate a unique programme with great keynote speakers and thematic workshops that will deliver a most memorable meeting experience and inspire strategic leadership initiatives.
This Joint effort presents an ideal opportunity to further develop SISWP Biennium Theme 2018-2020 of Embrace, Create & Prosper: Empowering Rural Women & Communities.
Here are some exciting highlights of the Special Keynote Speakers and Thematic Areas we have developed for the Joint Workshops on Saturday 4 May 2019.
* In line with our theme, we have secured Dr. Patricia Hamilton, Past President of National Rural Women’s Coalition (NRWC) Australia, Director Country to Canberra Ltd, Co-Convenor Thriving Women 2020 Conference, APEN Ltd Communications and Advocate for Rural Women and Girls as Opening Keynote Speaker.
* Morning Session Interactive Workshop on the 4 sub-thematic areas, where SISWP Board members, SI Australia delegates and Observers will jointly invest their time in IDEATION, the creative process of moving from ideas to innovation to actualization for:
1. Inter-Club Skills Exchange
2. Mentor Young Creators
3. Prosper Across Borders
4. Develop Social Enterprises
*World famous Maggie Beer is our Special Celebrity After-Lunch Speaker. Maggie is an ideal champion of women-led “farm to table” enterprises that produce local and go global (GLOCAL). She will inspire Soroptimists to develop social enterprises that enable rural women to prosper and overcome their socio-economic challenges.
Afternoon Session Interactive Workshops will be on 2 major developmental thrusts:
1. Membership Matters: Effective Strategies & Breakthrough Success Stories
2. SISWP Database, Social Media & Innovations – An Experiential Lab
It is my sincere wish that these special joint workshops held alongside SI Australia AGM & Conference, SISWP AGM and Interim Board Meeting will enable us to build a strong momentum so that we may all embrace change with a positive spirit.
That we may further uplift one another, create new opportunities for our members and clubs to prosper in an exciting yet challenging world for social purpose organisations.
That in the picturesque surroundings fused with the robust energy of Barossa Valley, we will rekindle our passion to serve humankind and celebrate our achievements with great joy.
May our joint meetings and shared learnings during workshops enable us to aspire to greatness, whether we are foot soldiers or grassroots activists or influential global leaders.
I look forward to welcoming you all at Barossa Valley, South Australia in May 2019. Please save the dates and register.
With the Spirit of Soroptimist Service,
Soroptimist International of the South West Pacific.